Saturday, November 22, 2008

Uncle


Uncle Large. That is how I was awaken this morning. Sam one of the little boys that lives in the room I'm staying in woke me as Uncle Large! Life truly is different when poverty has a face. Orphans have names and they know yours. People back home mean more. When I hear my title of uncle come from these orphans lips I think of Jame', Kamiakin, Kyleigh, Caedmon, and Addison. Do I love them enough? Do they know how much I care for them? Because I now see that it isn't just a title it is a calling to love them and live like my Father. Then the love that I pour out to them will draw them closer to a Father and a God who loves them more than I ever could. God I pray that You would protect my nieces and nephews back home. God I thank You that just by a simple action of a child I have learned so much. Just by two words my world has collided with eternity. These cildren are showing me love, I feel more than compelled to show them love back. The love of a father. The love of my FATHER!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Largie..
They know you love them, and they love you!
Please continue sharing that love, because as selfish as we would like to be and have that love from you here with us, we all know (including nieces and nephews) that you have overflowing amounts to share whith lots of others..
Love you, ~T~

ran shae said...

largie,

have you ever studied the pouring out of wine that was practiced during biblical times? it's really interesting, and it speaks to the way God wants us to pour out what He has given us, shown us, done in us, etc. anyway, your post is confirming to me what i've learned about it so far - that as we pour out for others the very wine of God that we carry, we are not only sharing life with them, but also prevented from becoming stale ourselves. i can tell from your post that your spirit is anything but stale during this time!

i'm so proud of you large!! i know that as you pour yourself out He will be faithful to fill you up again and again.

~ran