Wednesday, November 19, 2008

About Feeling Rested In Chasing Awesomness!


So this is my first post since I have been in Africa (if you didn't get the title the first letters spell AFRICA). I am sorry that it has taken me so long but the internet is hard to find, and then once you have found it it is terribly slow. Anyways I have been in Africa almost three weeks. I have been in Ggaba for the most part and am living with the school Administrator of Arms named Abby. I went with Abby to a place called Mubende the first week and helped her with different things around the two ARMS schools there. After that I came home and spent two days in Maranartha School here in Ggaba. After the first day of working with the kids a man came up to me and said "Do you know Jenny and Ellen?" Having met so many people I totally didn't get that he meant Jeannine and Ellen ASSAY! So after I figured out who he met I got to go to Pastor Peters house to eat dinner with the girls and their dad. That next week I got to be a part of the prophetic conference that was taking place. I was a part of a prophetic group with the Assay's and a man named Deo who is a pastor here in Kampala and is good friends with Peter and even attended the Leadership conference in Medicine Hat. Anyways that week was amazing. I never have heard the voice of God so clear and have never ever gotten to speak into so many peoples lives. I thank God so much because it was only turly by Him that anything happened that week. Now I am back in Ggaba and am helping Abby out with some photography things that she needs. Then I will be traveling to Bethany Village (where the conference was held) where I will be helping out in the orphanage homes and helping out with a youth camp that is taking place. I want to thank all of you out there that have been praying for me I really have felt the presence of God here and I am at peace which is good because I wasn't sure the first couple of days if I would be. I love all you and miss everyone back in the states.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too Largie.. But are very proud of you and soooo excited about what God is doing in and through you..
Love you Love you... ~T~

Anonymous said...

I hope you understand that you are such an inspiration to so many people that you will never even meet. God just shines through you, even when you are not here face to face. You can just feel the love you have for your Heavenly Father and his love for you in return. Pass that love on to every one you meet there in Africa and let God shine through you in everything you do, with every child you have the privilage to love on. God promises that as long as you pour his love out, he will continue to fill it back up to overflowing.

ran shae said...

it all sounds amazing large! i am so excited for you! can't wait to hear more about how and what God is speaking to you - i will call you soon...

love you!!!
ran