Monday, December 15, 2008

Dancing

I met with Pastor Peter and I have an opportunity to teach a dance class for kids in the month of January while they are on their break. I am very excited and thank God for the answered prayer. I will be teaching them hip-hop and basic dance skills. Pastor Peter wants them to preform one Sunday so I am going to choreograph a dance for them and really excited to have this opportunity. I know that this is an awesome opportunity to share something I love with these kids but also to grow myself in dance. I have never actually taught a dance class all by myself and know that there will be the whole issue of language to try and work out. I am going to have such a great time and am so excited to do this. I think I may even teach some ballet and jazz technique and maybe tap or whatever I can in the time I have. I know that the kids will be in shock when they see what the will be doing because it will be different than anything they have ever seen or done. The dancing here is a lot different then most dancing in America so I think they will have some fun. Anyways I am very excited and can't wait to get started.

5 comments:

ran shae said...

woo-hoo! should be awesome! you should learn some moves from them too and bring them back home (that is, if they're not too GYRATING : ) love you largie! sounds like you will be spending christmas with my parent-in-laws and my new nephew! no fair!!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Largent! I know your going to do great at teaching them. you are such a good dancer and I think that's awesome that you get to use that to pour into those kids' lives! I love you uncle Largie!
~Jame

Jessica said...

What an awesome experience! I remember when I went to Colombia with Sue Edwards and she decided that I need to be the one to teach dance while we were there. I was scared out of my mind, but then you have a whole lot more training than I did. You will inspire them.
- Jess
P.S. Spread lots of hugs and kisses to my family while you are with them. Give my nephew an extra big kiss from me.

Anonymous said...

yeah largie...
Im so excited for you, you will do an amazing job! I bet you will probably learn as much as you teach.
Have fun and blog about your experiences teaching..
Love you lots.
~T~

ran shae said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARGIE!!! love you : )