Monday, January 5, 2009

A Kenyan Christmas, A Ugandan New Year!


Hey everyone,
It has been a while since I have posted anything and it seems like so much has happened since the last time I wrote. I got to go to Eldoret Kenya and spend Christmas with the Leisters, all of them baby Tekoa included. I had so much fun and it was hard leaving all the kids and family but I needed to come home. I got back into Uganda on the 27th and headed for another camp the next day after church. Within one week I celebrated the two month mark of my trip, my 19th birthday, and the new year. Camp was really exciting and I got to meet another Mazoongo which is what they call white people. Her name was Anna and she was from Sweden. I can't believe that I have been in Africa for over two months. Time is so confusing because it seems like yesterday I was walking off the plane and yet it seems so far away. This week they are holding revival meetings at Ggaba Community Church and so I will be attending those every night at five. I am expecting God to move in great ways and know that he will. I got to talk to Ben Goodman while I was at camp and it was really good to hear from him. I have been praying that I would get to do some more training under him and that I would get to spend time with him out int the world. I have been talking with my parents and am excited to hear that Breanna Holben will be coming to East Africa, she will be in Kenya, in just a couple weeks. I am planning on going back to Kenya to visit her while she is here. I hope that she will get to come to Uganda and know that she wants to. I will be helping a dance group come up with some coreography within the next week and will start the dance classes next week. I am really excited and can't wait to dance again. I have been dancing in my room for the last two months but it hasn't given me my fix. I need to go all out which is hard to do in a small room. I am excited to see what God will be doing this week and this year. I made some hopes and goals for this next year and one of them is to step foot onto two new countries. I think that God may answer my prayers if I get to go on a trip with Ben and then go to India with the team from RCC in September. God is so good and I am realizing even more how Big He is and how small the world is. I love and miss all of you and promise to write again soon.


Large

1 comment:

ran shae said...

largie!

there you are! i have been missing you and thinking about you and praying for you! i hope you had a good (even if very different) birthday and new year. i'm really looking forward to hearing about those revival meetings : ) keep us posted...

love you SOOOOOOOOOO much,
your big sis,
ran