Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kenya!




So this weekend I went back to Kenya and got to spend the weekend with the Leisters and with Brea! I had so much fun. I left Kampala at around 6:30 a.m. on Thursday morning and I was a little nervous that I wouldn't have enough money to get across the border. I prayed and had my parents praying and anyone they could get a hold of. Anyways God blessed me when I found extra money when I was exchanging into Kenyan Shillings and then at the border they didn't even charge me for a new Kenyan Visa like they were suppose to (I had no problems on the way back either). Anyways Horace picked me up at the Bus station and then I went to their house to spend the day with all the kids and Brea! The next day Phyllis and I walked to the Tuckers (which is who Brea is living with, and also who married my parents) and picked Brea up with Dema one of the little girls that lives with the Leisters and is my "chubby chubby" friend. During Christmas I got her to say chubby chubby all the time because that girl has rolls everywhere and is so cute! Anyways that day we spent the whole day at the Leisters helping taking care of the kids and Brea stayed over for dinner and movie night (which is suppose to be Saturday nights but Troy and Dannon insisted that I be present when they had it). Anyways I left the next day which was Saturday at 1pm and it was really hard. Dema came running out to say bye and I almost started crying. I really have fallen in love with all those little kids and hope that the Leisters will save one for me so that I can addopt one once I am married so they might be 13 but hey worth the try. Anyways I had so much fun and am planning on going back in February for two weeks of more and really can't wait to go back and see the babies, the Leisters, and Brea! Anyways my life will be mostly the same back here in Uganda except for a week trip to Miyuge the first week of February. And maybe going and helping out another pastor in Kampala named Deo for a week or less. But other than that I will be teaching dance classes and being a part of the music ministry and life here at GCC and ARMS. I love and miss all of you and will continue saying that at the end of these messages until I have been to Seattle, Yakima, Wichita, Lewiston, and seen everyone that I love and miss!










Large

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice that when God calls us to a place and we leave part of our heart there, that our heart does not become fractured but actually grows bigger and stronger. More capable of loving the next group of people that he calls us to serve..........

Annette said...

You take such nice pictures. Barry Holben was here on Sunday. I'm sure he misses Brea a gob, but he is very happy for her. We are getting our house ready to sell so we will be free to leave for as long as we can. We are having a yard sale in the living room next week. I guess that would be called a living room sale. Love you and am praying for you.