Thursday, January 8, 2009

Falling In Love

Now don't be scared Mom, Tiagh, and Randi. I haven't fallen in love with some Ugandan princess. I just had a realization last night about something. I was thinking about love and God and I realize how much I have fallen in love with him here. Yesterday I got the chance to lead worship at the night revival meeting, and although it didn't go perfect it went true and from my heart, it was worship. As I was singing and playing the guitar I began to love my God even more. I don't know how to explain it rather than that. Lately I have been thinking about love and relationships, a lot because of things back in America, and I realized that there is a phrase used in the Christian community that needs to be true in my life and in everyone's life and that is our First Love. That shouldn't mean that Jesus was the first person we fell in love with, it should mean that He is our First Love. That no love, no person, no thing comes before Him. I know that I have always known this but it came more into view last night. A lady from Las Vegas named Jenifer spoke at the meeting and she talked about gifting and talents and how we should be giving out of all our blessings. It was a message on what I have been learning here since day one. I know that I am blessed with things and gifts and it is my duty as a Christian and as a Lover of Christ to follow in His footsteps and give everything I am to Him and those around me in complete worship to Him. So if that means taking thousands of pictures while I am here and sharing that with those in America and putting Africa in their DNA I will (and am doing that), or if it means dancing my heart out and teaching others how to I will, and if that means leading worship or being a part of the worship team and teaching them more songs that I know I will. See the thing is I will fall more in love with God, with Christ the more I pour myself and my love into Him and into my neighbors that is why those were the greatest commandments. And really all other commandments are based out of those two. We won't be murdering others if we are to busy loving them. So I am falling in love. Falling in love with my God and falling in love with Africa and Uganda. T.I.A (This is Africa) and it is beautiful.

Large

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and if that is what you learn in the six months you spend there,it will be enough.................

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome Largie...
~T~