Monday, February 9, 2009

A learning experience


So I am back from Miyuge and it was an experience that I needed to go through. I know that this whole African experience has been a training ground for me and that every experience that I have has something to teach me and this week was no different. I was suppose to help them there in one of the offices with a database that they were working on with one of their computers, but this was a little town and so things like electricity weren't reliable. So one out of the five days there was power for me to help them on the computer. The rest of the time I was helping them update the sponsored kids folders by taking pictures and updating the grade and year in their school forms. The very first day I was there I sat through a meeting and I didn't know what to expect for the rest of the week and was nervous. I called my parents and whined, complained, or vented but whatever I did and everything that my mom said helped me get through the rest of the week with a better attitude. I never thought that part of my stay here in Africa would be at a desk in an office but again like I said every experience is here to teach me something. And in the words of a very wise women "I believe now more than ever God is training you to be a prophet". I needed to be somewhere where all I could do all that I had to do was to focus on God and hear him. It was my training ground desert. But after that first day everything else was a blast I stayed with the pastor and his family and there was four kids that stayed in the house with me. I don't know if I have had more fun in my whole trip as I did with all these kids. We took pictures, watched movies on my laptop, made a video, danced, sang, had a blast. I was sad to leave but knew I needed to be back in Ggaba. I was suppose to go to pastor Deos this week but after loosing my cell phone on my way back to Ggaba I still haven't gotten a hold of him and Michael and I have decided that I will reschedule and go the first week of March and that this week I will get settled back down in Ggaba and in Abby's house before I go to Kenya for my last stay. Although I really, really want to go to Deo's I know that one of the things that I have been learning everyday here in Africa is how to wait and be patient and I think this is another opportunity to excercise that. I hope that pastor Deo is okay with that and knowing him he will be. So this week I am back in Ggaba and will be going to the Praise/Worship team practices and then teaching the Hallel dance group again this Saturday. I miss and love all of you but each day is bringing me closer and closer to coming home, but also drawing me closer to leaving a place that I have begun to love with all of my heart.


Large

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Largent,
You are going to come back so filled. It will be such a blessing that will splash over on to all us here. I can see your growth just through this blog. Thank you for writing it and taking us all with you. We love you.
Jess, Jeremy, and the girls

Annette said...

Sounds like you are getting some real deep teachings. Our Father is so good to us. Jesus bless you.