Saturday, February 28, 2009

D.I.T.









Dad In Training. That was what this trip to Kenya was all about. By the end of my two weeks I was changing poopy diapers and can tell you how to efficiently put on a cloth diaper. I had so much fun and can't believe that the two weeks is already up and that I am back in Uganda. Brea and I got to go to Kisumu and spend the weekend with Josh and Rachel and baby Tekoa and it was so much fun. We had cinnamon rolls, thanks to Brea, chocolate peanut butter pie, thanks to Rachel, and a really great time. When we were headed to Kisumu Brea tried paying the taxi driver 4 shillings instead of 400 shillings like we were suppose to but it was all good fun for the Kenyans and the just sat and laughed at the Americans. I got really really sun burnt when Brea and I took Troy and Dannon to the swimming pool so I have been regretting not putting sunscreen on. But the two weeks was so full of things happening I can't complain on bit. First off the Leisters have added another baby to the mix. Baby Enoch was born prematurely and was going to die if something wasn't done. Thanks to God and a German nurse named Sarah, Enoch lived long enough for the Leisters to convince the D.C.O. and the judge that this baby needed to come home with them. He is so sweet and such a good baby. Then the day before I left Sarah Ellen another baby decided that she was going to walk. And after a few minuets of walking she was running and now there is no stopping her. All in all it was a really good trip. I had dreams of babies last night and for the last couple of nights. I can't wait to be a dad (but I really can wait and will) and know that when I am everyday will be a new adventure. I can't believe that there is only two months left in my stay here in Africa and that Ron will be here in about a week. It almost doesn't seem possible how fast time moves. I love and miss you all.

Large

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Largent, I am so jealous. Not only did you get to see my parents and siblings, but you got to see my new nephew first. Did you take any pictures? If you did, please send me some.
Jess

ran shae said...

Largent! I MISS YOU!!! and ditto to Jess's comment about pictures : )

katzman21 said...

You're right about time moving fast Large, it never slows down. It only gets faster, trust me!

Anonymous said...

You just think time moves fast at your age boys. I know spending time with those babies is fun but I think you have a lot of things to accomplish before you get there. Maybe one of those things is helping take care of other peoples babies when they cannot take care of them.

Anonymous said...

you will make a great dad! until then though I think being a surrogate dad is perfect. you have lots of love to give, and there are so many who need it..
Love and miss you bud. ~T~